Looking to invigorate your skin? Why not try home skin peels? Peels are great for rejuvenating and renewing your skin, but with so many different types available it can get a bit confusing. So I scoured YouTube for the best videos to help you learn more about them so you can learn what to expect and be able to make an informed decision when you decide to take the plunge.
Home skin peels are not only for women, it is very popular among men as well, and they can be used on all skin types, so I’ve included a variety of videos from men and people of different ethnic backgrounds.
While most of the videos are under 5 minutes, some of them are a bit longer. But these longer videos tend to provide more information and usually gives a demonstration of the actual peeling process as well.
I’ve broken down the videos into 5 categories so you can jump to which ever most interests you.
1. General Peel Information
2. Glycolic Acid
3. Lactic Acid
4. TCA Peel
5. Salicylic Acid Peel
1) Skin Peels 101 – Skin Care Treatments Explained! – This is a good introductory video about home skin peels.
2) Chemical Peels – This video gives a nice explanation of the various chemical acid peels and what problems they treat. Even though this video is done by a doctor, the basic information applies to home skin peels as well.
3) What Happens After a Chemical Peel? In this video you’ll see how the skin changes day by day after getting a peel.
4) What to Expect When Receiving a Chemical Peel – If you’ve never experienced a peel, this video will give you an idea of what to expect.
5) At Home Chemical Peel – Glycolic Acid – This video is a bit long but it is very detailed. You will learn alot about this peel as well as see a live demo if its application.
6) Gylcolic Acid Peel – Questions Answered! – This is a followup to the previous video. I love Dylan’s videos because he really over delivers and provide useful information.
7) Glycolic Chemical Peel at Home – This is an application of 30% glycolic peel.
8) At Home Chemical Peel – Lactic Acid – Here’s another great video by Dylan, this one is on lactic acid peels.
9) How I do my Lactic Acid Peels – This is another lactic acid peel demo.
10) TCA Peeling Pictures! – In this video the lady talks about her experience with tca peels.
11) TCA Peel Demonstration – In this video you’ll see an actual tca peel application.
12) TCA Peel 15% day 1-5 – TCA peel being used by a person of asian descent.
13) How Salicylic Acid Treats Acne – In this video you’ll video to learn how different concentrations of salicylic acid work for different skin types in order to treat pimples.
14) Salicylic Peel 15% – Yhis is a professional peel demonstration, but watching it can give you some valuable tips for doing it yourself.