Organic products are being pushed in almost every market now. From the grocery store with all organic fruits and veggies to the local boutique that only stocks clothes made with organic cotton, it was only a matter of time until the organic ingredient craze made its way into skin care.
Unfortunately, things made with organic ingredients are frequently more expensive than the non-organic products. This is because there is a more labor intensive process that goes into making and processing organic ingredients.
Thankfully, this more extensive process usually leads to superior products that are specially formulated to maximize the health benefits of the organic ingredients.
Organic skincare and beauty products are becoming more and more prevalent, but we know that it can sometimes be hard to justify the additional cost of organic products.
In order to help, we have created a short guide to help you figure out if you should make the switch to organic skincare and beauty products and if they are worth the cost.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Organic Skincare and Beauty Products Are Better
- 2 Our Top Product Recommendations
- 3 Conclusion: Are Organic Skincare and Beauty Products Worth the Price?
Why Organic Skincare and Beauty Products Are Better
There are a number of reasons organic beauty and skin care products are better. To help you figure out if these products are truly beneficial for our skin, we have outlined a few of the benefits of using organic products below.
1. They are more gentle on your skin – If you have sensitive skin, organic skin care and makeup products are a great way to treat your skin with the respect it deserves. Other popular skin care and makeup products usually contain harsh chemicals that can irritate your skin, cause breakouts, and strip important moisture away from your skin. This can cause more fine lines and wrinkles and make it harder to take care of your skin.
2. They are better for the environment – It goes almost without saying that organic skincare is better for the environment. Because the ingredients in organic skincare and beauty products are responsibly harvested and processed, there is a significantly smaller impact on the environment.
3. They don’t have synthetic fragrances – The fragrance of non-organic beauty and skin care products can be made with any ingredients the manufacturer wants and they do not have to disclose what goes into making that fragrance.
This can mean that unnecessary and harmful chemicals can be added without the customer’s knowledge. With organic products, this concern is eliminated. Organic products have to disclose every ingredient that goes into making them so you know exactly what is in your skin and beauty products before you use them.
4. They are healthier for you – You skin is the largest organ you have, so taking care of it is vitally important. When you put harsh and synthetic chemicals from non-organic products onto your skin, you can irreversible damage it; however, organic products give your skin everything it needs and nothing that it doesn’t. Because organic products have no synthetic ingredients, they are gentler on your skin and overall better for it.
Our Top Product Recommendations
The world of organic skin care can seem a little cluttered and overwhelming at times. To help you navigate the seemingly endless product selections, we have made a short list of some of our favorites. From cleansers and toners to serums, these are tested and true organic products that can have a great positive impact on your skin.
Cleansers: The First Step
When you are looking for an organic cleanser, you should try to find something that strips away the oil and dirt and leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean. One of our top suggestions is Platinum Skin Care’s 3-in-1 Cleanser.
With fruit acids, scrubbing crystals, and antioxidants, this is a great all around cleanser. Our second suggestion is Annmarie’s Aloe Herb Cleanser. This pH balanced cleanser has a gentle and moisturizing formula that makes it a great first step into the organic skincare world.
Finally, Michael Todd’s Honey and Oat Daily Cleanser is a gentle cleanser that thoroughly cleans away dirt, makeup, and excess oil.
Toners: Balancing pH and Cleaning Away Excess Oil
When it comes to skincare, many people forget to add in a toner. Toner’s are vitally important to making sure all the excess oil is cleaned away and the pH of the skin is balanced.
One of our favorite toners is Thayer’s Witch Hazel Toner. Long praised for its healthy impact on the skin, witch hazel does an excellent job at making sure all the dirt and oil is removed and the skin if left fresh and clean.
Another one of our favorites is Annmarie’s Rosemary Toning Mist. With a convenient spray bottle for application, this toner leaves the skin feeling refreshed, toned, and clean.
Serums: The Final and Most Important Step
Serums have gained more and more popularity in the last few years. Now seen as an important final step for good skin care, serums help moisturize your skin and give it the vitamins and nutrients it needs to stay healthy.
One of the serums that we love is Annmarie’s Wild Fruit Serum. With extracts of Kakadu Plum, Apple, and Knotweed, this serum helps moisturize and tone your skin with all natural ingredients. Another top serum we love is InstaNatural’s Vitamin C Serum. This serum helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles as well as brightens and tones the skin.
Conclusion: Are Organic Skincare and Beauty Products Worth the Price?
If you have sensitive skin, want to protect the environment, and want to make sure your skin gets everything it needs and nothing it doesn’t, you should make the switch. While organic skincare and beauty products may be more expensive, they are well worth the additional cost to give your skin what it needs to stay healthy and happy.