A girls night out spa party is a great excuse to get together with your girl friends to relax, rejuvenate and have some fun. They can get makeovers, facials, manicures, pedicures, and just basically get pampered the way every girl wants.
And the good thing about this kind of party is that you do not necessarily need to hire a professional or use expensive spa products because you and your friends can do the makeovers, manicures, and pedicures to each other using homemade beauty treatments. To top off the night though, it is always awesome to attempt one of the escape rooms at Paranoia Quest.
There are a number of things you need to consider when planning a DIY home spa party. Use these spa party ideas (for more ideas, check out the resources at the end of this article) to help you plan your own successful at home spa party.
Table of Contents
- 1 Setting Your Budget
- 2 Spa Party Essentials
- 3 Create a Guest List
- 4 Choose The Best Time For Your Spa Party
- 5 Send Out Your Spa Party Invitations
- 6 Prepare Your Spa party Supplies
- 7 Setup the venue
- 8 Decorate The Venue
- 9 Provide Spa Supplies to Your Guests
- 10 Prepare Healthy Snacks and Drinks
- 11 Play Soothing Music
- 12 Offer Yoga Sessions
- 13 Show Movies
- 14 Prepare Some Spa Party Goody Bags
- 15 Take Pictures
- 16 Spa Party Tips
- 17 Spa Party Planning Checklist
- 18 Free eBooks – Download Now!
- 19 DIY Spa Treatments – Quick, Easy and Inexpensive Facial Recipes
Setting Your Budget
One of the biggest advantages of hosting an at home spa party is that you do not need a big bankroll (unless you have one and want to splurge on Party Rentals Stockton and hire something like a tent for after the spa day!). But even though you will be using your home as the venue, there are still costs that you will incur, so the first thing you need to do is to set a budget for your spa party. You should consider the cost of decorations, favors, food and drink as well as the beauty treatments you’ll be offering. If there is anything left over, I would recommend using it to get a photo booth from this Website, as these kinds of parties, in particular, are the perfect opportunity to get some hilarious photos of you and your girlfriends.
If you have pros come to your home to pamper your guests, then it is going to cost more than if you go DIY and make your own homemade treatments, with each person taking turns doing treatments on each other. If your budget is tight, you could ask your friends to bring their own robes or they each can bring an item for the facials and an item for the goody bags. The below video will give you some ideas on how to host an affordable diy at home spa party.
Spa party on a budget ideas – I came across this article hosting a spa party using stuff from the dollar store and had to share it with you. If you are on a tight budget, definitely check out this article for some ideas and inspiration.
Spa Party Essentials
For your at-home spa party you’ll need to have certain essential products on hand for your friends to use and enjoy. What you need will depend on the type of treatments you are going to have at the party. Here are some supplies that you’ll typically need.
- manicure and pedicure supplies
- hair supplies
- fashion magazines
- high quality towels
- goody bags
- paraffin wax bath for hands and feet
- foot bath
- homemade facial recipes
- facial steamer
- cooling gel masks
- games and activities
Create a Guest List
You’re throwing this party to relax and unwind after all, so keep it small and intimate by limiting your guests to only close friends. Spa parties are more fun if there are less than 10 people, especially as you are hosting it in your home. This is to ensure that everyone gets to bond together and experience all the beauty treatments and pampering in your spa party.
Choose The Best Time For Your Spa Party
Spa parties are usually held at night, but the important thing is to choose the time that will work best for you and your guests. It would be best to plan your party on a weekend night to avoid conflict of schedule. You can start at around 6pm, just in time for dinner, and then have the party afterwards. It is more fun to hold a spa party at home where girls can be more comfortable wearing robes and facial masks on their faces.
Send Out Your Spa Party Invitations
Your guests should know all the details of your spa party including the date, time, and venue. These details should all be included in the invitation. You can design your own invitation using craft materials that you can buy from craft stores or get from your own craft supplies. You can also design your invitation using computer software like Photoshop or even Paint. You can also download a printable invitation from the internet and print multiple copies at home.
If you have enough in the budget, you can purchase ready-made invitations from party supply stores or hire someone who creates professional-looking party invitations. This all depends on your budget and the kind of spa party that you are planning to have, whether it is a simple spa party or an extravagant one. You need to send the invitation as early as two weeks in advance to give your guests sufficient time to fix their own schedule.
Prepare Your Spa party Supplies
You need to have different kinds of spa treatments that your guests can enjoy such as:
- light chemical peel facials
- at-home microdermabrasion treatments
- facial masks
- massage oils
- foot spa treatments
- paraffin wax treatments
- hair conditioning treatments
You can concoct your own homemade beauty treatments using ingredients from your kitchen.
You can find some homemade beauty treatment recipes in the resource section at the end of this section. You can have an all-natural theme for your spa party if you are going to use natural and homemade spa products. Homemade massage oils and facials will surely soothe the tired and aching muscles of your guests and will make them feel rejuvenated. If you want a real pamper night, you could even get someone from Beauty Booker to come out and do some beauty treatments on you and your guests.
Aside from these things, you can also have different colors of nail polish and nail art for manicure and pedicure. You should also prepare makeup kits in various shades and colors that will be suitable for your guests who may have different skin colors and preferences. For hair treatments, you can prepare an all-natural shampoo and conditioner using fruits, plants, and other natural ingredients that you can find in your kitchen or buy in your local grocery.
DIY Spa Treatment Resources:
Setup the venue
You should setup the venue, in this case your home, for the different beauty treatment sessions for you and your friends. If you have a spacious bedroom, you can have the party right in your bedroom so that no one will bother you.
You can also use the kitchen, dining or living room or even the den or library to give your party enough privacy, especially if there are guys living in your house. Or better yet, you can ask the male members of your household to make themselves scarce while your friends are over.
You will need different kinds of furniture such as a flat bed for massage (if you’re doing that), a comfortable chair for facial treatments, additional chairs for pedicure and foot spa, and a makeshift sink for the hair treatments. Watch the video below for some tips on how to setup your at home spa party.
Decorate The Venue
You can decorate the space with scented candles and aromatic oils, rose petals, and paper lanterns for a relaxing mood. You can also hang curtains along the walls and on the doorway for a luxurious feel. On the door, you can post something like “Emily’s Spa Party. Come inside, and let yourself be pampered,” or something similar to that. Embellish this with glitters, sparkly construction papers, and nail polish art to make it prettier and more attractive.
Provide Spa Supplies to Your Guests
You can ask them to bring their own robes but you need to provide them the other spa supplies like:
- eye covers
- hair ponytails and clips
You can buy these in bulk and it would cost you only a few bucks. You can personalize these with something like “Emily’s Spa Party” and add the time and date of the party. You can print these on small pieces of paper and attach them to the mask or ponytail using a ribbon.
Prepare Healthy Snacks and Drinks
You should prepare healthy snacks and drinks for the guests in your spa party. You can serve sliced fruits and veggies, yogurt, healthy chips, and dark chocolate. You don’t want greasy or heavy foods, because few of us really feel truly comfortable after a greasy meal. Some might also have indigestion or heartburn after eating certain foods, or just feel bloated. It’s best to stick with light snacks, and perhaps a bit of decadence. For the drinks, you can offer freshly squeezed fruit juices, smoothies, green tea or wine.
You can place them all on a buffet table where your guests can go when they feel hungry or you can serve them on pretty little trays at a specific time within the party.
Play Soothing Music
To make the ambiance more relaxing, you should play soothing music in the background. You can download songs and music from the internet or you can find a fitting album in your CD collection. Play the music softly in the background. Avoid rock music that features growls and heavy guitar riffs no matter how much you love to listen to rock. Remember that this is a spa party and everything should be soft, soothing, and relaxing.
Offer Yoga Sessions
If you are a yoga fan, you can also offer a yoga session to your guests. You can play a yoga video on your TV and lay out yoga mats on the floor. You can do this before they have their beauty treatments and before they change into their robes. Ask them to bring yoga attire with them or to arrive at your place already clad in yoga attire.
You can also setup a mini theater in your home where you can watch movies. Choose light movies like romantic comedies and chick flicks. You can watch Mean Girls, Legally Blond, 500 Days of Summer, Maid in Manhattan, Confessions of a Shopaholic, and so on. You can also watch classic films like Breakfast at Tiffany’s or Casablanca. Whatever you decide to watch, be sure to do it after all the beauty treatment sessions as a way to unwind before going to sleep if you are having a sleepover or before your guests leave. You can serve popcorn and drinks while everyone is watching a movie.
Prepare Some Spa Party Goody Bags
You should have giveaways for your guests as a way of saying thank you for attending your party. There are so many different kinds of spa party giveaways that you can give to your guests. You can give:
- small bottles of nail polish with printed nail files tied with a ribbon
- homemade soaps in fun shapes like hearts, diamonds, and flowers
- scented candles
- small bottles of aromatic oils
- small jars of bath fizzies
Be sure to have your party’s title, date, and time printed on these giveaways. You can also give door prizes or grab bags to your guests when they are leaving your spa party. You can include natural spa products and beauty treatments in your goodie bag which your guests can use at home.
For your own souvenir, you should have a camera ready to capture special moments with your friends at your party. You can take candid photos while they are having their beauty treatments or you can pose for group photos. Do not forget to take pictures of the your home, spa supplies, decorations, invitations, snacks and drinks, and giveaways for your souvenir. You can compile all of these in a scrapbook which you can share with your guests a few days after the party.
Spa Party Tips
1) You can throw spa parties for different people. You can have a spa party for tweens, teenagers, brides-to-be, birthday celebrants, and so on. A spa party is the perfect party for girls who love to get makeovers and pamper themselves with natural beauty products.
2) Since you are using all-natural, DIY beauty treatments, you should put them inside the fridge to prevent them from spoiling. You do not want to ruin your spa party by opening canisters and jars of natural beauty products that smell like rotten fish. This will turn off your guests and will make them hesitant to attend another party that you will organize and host in the future.
3) If you are throwing the spa party with your really close friends as your guests and there are only five or six of them, you can give each other massage, facials, manicure, pedicure, and other beauty treatments. On the other hand, if this is a formal party wherein you invited coworkers and acquaintances, you should consider hiring professionals. You may need to pay more if you hire professionals but this will surely make your guests feel more pampered and relaxed.
4) Advise your guests to wear comfortable clothes to your party. You do not want them to come to your party wearing glamorous clothes and high heeled shoes only to have them taken off so that they can wear robes, aprons, and slippers. Moreover, it is better to be comfortable at the spa party because spa promotes health, wellness, and comfort.
5) If this is your first time to organize a spa party, don’t be shy about asking for help. You can check out pictures to give you some ideas on invitations, giveaways, and beauty treatments. Check out the free and paid resources at the end of this article. Another tip is to ask a friend who has experienced organizing a spa party to give you some tips and advice.
6) You can add a theme for your spa party. You can have an all-pink spa party which is perfect for tweens and young girls. You can also have a luxury spa party which is suitable for grown up women. Likewise, you can go for a jungle-themed spa party. You can decorate the venue with fake rope vines and have your guests wear animal printed aprons. You can also serve exotic fruits and drinks to your guests.
Spa Party Planning Checklist
Free eBooks – Download Now!
DIY Spa Treatments – Quick, Easy and Inexpensive Facial Recipes
Have you ever been to a spa party or hosted one yourself? Share your experience by leaving a comment below.